Tuesday, January 02, 2007

RESOLUTIONS

So it's the new year and that's generally the time you give yourself goals for the upcoming year. My first goal is to start the healing process after watching my Sooners lose to Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl with a 2-point conversion in overtime! By the way that's after a 45-yard hook-and-ladder play for a game-tying touchdown with less than 30-seconds to go in regulation! I can't look at the newspaper or anything Sooner related on the Internet for the next couple of days. This healing process should be over soon and then I can get back to my regularly scheduled new year's resolutions...I hope.

I'm definitely ahead of the power curve this year in terms of my resolution because I made it for '07 when I plunked down my cash back in early September of '06 for IM Wisconsin. If I let myself think about it it's truly crazy on many levels. First of all, it's insane for me to logically think about swimming 2.4 miles, riding a bike for 112 miles and then being relieved that you only have the 26.2 mile run left. On top of that is the fact that I paid handsomely for the privilege. So, needless to say 9-9-07 is my resolution...Ironman Wisconsin. This resolution should be to just finish...but I want to do better than "just finish" which, to me, is defined as crossing the line within the 17-hour time limit. My goal is to finish in less than 13-hours. Crazy? Probably, but hey, aim high!

No comments: