Friday, March 07, 2008

finish...with a lower case 'f'



I've been avoiding this post for a while now because I'm not pleased with my performance and, with hindsight in eagle-eye focus, my overall effort and/or preparation leading up to the Little Rock marathon.


I'm not ready to say that I disrespected the distance because I don't think I did....I just didn't have the fire in my gut needed to get the job done. I ran a 4:42 and change....my marathon time at Ironman Wisconsin was 4:57 and change.


I did finish and I'm please about that because at mile 14 I was ready to accept my first DNF. So, there's that.


There is a silver lining in this story....I got some base miles under my belt, which was a goal, as I begin to prepare for the upcoming tri season. I also learned something....again....there's usually a correlation between the outcome of something and the effort put in to achieveing it!



No comments: