Sunday, March 30, 2008

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME

Without a doubt baseball was the first true love of my life. And as far back as I can remember opening day of the Major League Baseball season has always had a kind of it's-my-birthday feel to it. However, sadly, the older I get the less magical that day feels. That less than magical feel was attached with a reason this year because MLB in there infinite wisdom decided it would be a great idea to open the year with two games on the other side of the globe. Boston and Oakland played two official games that counted in the standings in Japan. Everyone on this side of the globe was sleeping when they played so very few saw the games....so they didn't count....but they really did. The crazy thing is that after they played those "official" games both teams came back to spring training for 3 or 4 more games that didn't count in the official standings. The Sox and A's will resume their 4 game series tomorrow.

Having said all that, I still love opening day and it still possesses a certain charm to it that not every day possesses. It's the start of a new season....a new beginning....my team is in the thick of the race to begin....I get to follow the box scores every day with my breakfast and coffee.

"Play Ball!"

No comments: